As a real estate agent, creating your real estate listing descriptions remains a very time-consuming task. The problem is that the time you spend on this task is not spent prospecting or making visits.
What if we told you that it is possible to create very complete descriptions in no time with Abyssale? That's what we'll explain in this tutorial.
Creating a document with Google Sheets
Before thinking about the structure of the description from a visual point of view, it is important to define the information that will have to appear the description.
For our example, the description will contain the following information:
- Type of property
- Description of the property
- General condition
- Living area
- Number of rooms
- Type of heating
- The energy rating
- The amount of the property tax
- The purchase price
- 3 descriptive photos
Depending on your needs and requirements, you can adapt this information. Nevertheless, take care not to forget anything.
Each time you enter a new property, you will just have to add a line and complete the information on your Google Sheets document.
Don't forget to fill in the html address of the images. If you insert the image in your Google Sheets table, the image generation will not be possible.
Create a template on Abyssale
Now that you know what information you want to appear on each of your descriptions and have it appear on your Google Sheets, you still need to organize it on a template.
Go to your Abyssale dashboard and create a new template.
For our example, we'll name it "real estate description" and we'll choose the A4 vertical format.
Don't forget to select "print" for your format type in order to generate a PDF and not a JPEG image.
Build your template with text and image elements. For each of the variable elements, take time to name them.
To do this, select the element, then in "setting" in the right column, rename the element.
For our example, we will have :
- 1 text element: "type_of_property”
- 1 text element: "description_of_property”
- 1 text element: "general_status”
- 1 text element: "city”
- 1 text element: "address”
- 1 text element: "living_area"
- 1 text element: "number_of_rooms"
- 1 text element: "heating"
- 1 text element: "glazing"
- 1 text item: "energy_classification”
- 1 text element: "property_tax”
- 1 text element: "price”
- 1 image element: "photo1”
- 1 picture element : "photo2”
- 1 image element: "photo3"
Once the template is ready, save it. We are almost done already.
Automate PDF creation
In this part, we will show you how to automate the creation of a visual from the new information entered on your Google Sheets.
To do this, go to Make.com
Create a new scenario and name it as you wish.
Add a Google Sheets module "Watch new Rows" and connect your Google Sheets file.
Remember to define the action intervals, depending on your use. In our case, we will choose "On demand". So, each time we add a new row on Google Sheets, we will go to Make to activate the scenario.
Add an Abyssale module "Generate single image". Associate each element of your template with the corresponding column on your Google Sheets document.
In our case:
- type_of_property → Type of property
- description → Property description
- general_state → General state
- city → City
- address → Address
- living_area → Living area
- number_of_rooms → Number of rooms
- heating → Type of heating
- glazing → Glazing
- energy_classification → Energy classification
- property_tax → Property tax
- price → Purchase price
- photo1 → Photo 1
- photo2 → Photo 2
- photo3 → Photo 3
Add a new module and search for HTTP. Select the "Get a file" module to download the file from a URL.
In the URL line, select "File URL".
Add a new module to select the drive you want to drop it into. In our case, we will search for Google drive and select the "Upload a file" module. But you can also choose another storage system.
All you have to do is fill in your storage requirements (the name of the file, the folder you want to store it in, etc).
Share the pdf to your prospects
Once the automation is complete, you'll find all the visuals created in your drive folder. To share them, you have several options:
- Manually by sending the PDF to your potentially interested prospects. This allows you to control the descriptions received by each prospect and to better target your mailings.
- Semi-automatically by giving your prospects a link to access the drive file. The problem is that they will not be notified of a new entry and will have access to all the properties, even those that do not correspond to their search.
To overcome this issue, we invite you to add a final module to your Make scenario. In our case, we will select Gmail "Send an email".
To segment your mailings, we recommend that you create lists of prospects in your mailbox beforehand. This allows a better targeting.
Then, you just have to fill in the subject and the body of your email on this module. In order to personalize the email, you can use some variables.
For example :
Your real estate agency Home Agency proposes you a new property which corresponds to your search criteria.You will discover its descriptive card by clicking on the following link: ((3.file.url))
For any request of visit, do not hesitate to contact us at the following number: 06 01 02 03 04.
That's it. It is finished! All you have to do is concentrate on your visits and your property searches. Abyssale will take care of creating your description sheets.
To stay informed of the latest updates and news about Abyssale, join our LinkedIn community